With seven pounds of blueberries on my hands I decided to try making a cake with them.
I LOVE BLUEBERRIES CAKE
2 C Flour
1 T Baking Powder
1 t salt
2 sticks butter, softened
3/4 C Brown Sugar
1/2 C White Sugar
1 t vanilla
1 C Milk (I used 1%)
2 C Fresh Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place rack in center of the oven. Spray a 13×9″ pyrex pan with Pam.
- Whisk flour, baking powder & salt together in medium bowl. Place butter and both kinds of sugar and vanilla in electric mixer bowl. Beat on med. speed till fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Add 1/2 flour mixture, beat, 1/2 milk, beat, rest of flour, beat, then rest of milk and beat. Gently fold 1 C blueberries into mixture. Spread batter into pan.
- Scatter 1 C blueberries over the top of mixture. Sprinkle top with pumpkin pie spice, then sprinkle with additional white sugar.
- Bake approximately 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. If you don’t have a convection oven, turn cake after baking 35 minutes to brown evenly.
- Cool on rack. May be served warm or cold. We cut into it after about 1/2 hour while it was still warm and it kept its shape. Enjoy!!!
Moist and delicious! May add some lemon zest next time but definitely a do again cake.
If you like my blog please subscribe. Thanks!!!